Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Mac App

It would be great if there was a mac app version - it could integrate with the notification centre for transfers and thing.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. set a count for how many times an expense should recur

This applies to both the Mobile and web apps. There is an option in the date pop up where you can select the expense to recur at an interval (weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc). My suggestion is to include an option to select how many times it should recur.

For example, a friend of mine borrowed cash which he promised to pay back in 6 equal installments. Split wise allows me to opt for the expense to recur monthly, but doesn't allow me to limit it to 6 times.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add support for bills recurring every n weeks (where n is a positive integer)

I can currently add weekly and fortnightly recurring bills, but not every 3 or 4 weeks.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – this definitely makes sense! Our recurring bill system is pretty basic right now, but hopefully we’ll have a chance to spruce it up in the future. It’d be great to support more flexible kinds of bills (every 3 weeks, the last Thursday of every month, things like that).

4. Add an option for a lump-sum Splitwise Pro payment

I like Splitwise a lot and have gotten a lot of use out of it, so I would like to subscribe to Splitwise Pro to support the site. However, I am uneasy about adding recurring, monthly expenses to my bank statement. Would it be possible to add a non-recurring subscription option? I would be perfectly fine with a resubscribe email getting sent in a (month/year) but I do not like automatic charges. Thank you!

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re definitely considering this! We’re running a variety of tests right now to decide exactly how we’ll be offering Splitwise Pro (pay-what-you-want, fixed cost, etc).

5. Export notes as well

When exporting to a spreadsheet, it would be awesome if all the information related to transaction is also saved as an excel file (rather than CSV). Currently notes and attached images are not exported.

Saving as an excel file, will give more flexibility to add links to images saved along with a transaction.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how notes and attachments would be useful, though we’d have to think a bit about how exactly to structure the spreadsheet (we probably wouldn’t want just one “notes” column, or each cell might have a huge amount of text). I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements for the next time we’re working on printouts and exports.

6. Enable Photo Export (Enhance export csv)

Enable photo export... this could help when doing expense claim in a company.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense as a feature on our apps.

There is already a way to export your receipts, but only on the website (splitwise.com). If you click an expense that has a receipt, and then click on the receipt itself, you’ll notice that the image opens up in a new tab. From there, you can just right click on it to save the image.

7. Sort by outstanding debt

We use the app for a coffee club...The person with the biggest outstanding debt pays for everyone's coffee (well, whoever wants coffee at the time). Currently we need to scan the entire list of balances to find out who is most in debt to the group. Having a sort by debt function would save it's valuable seconds!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Interesting – I’ll pass on the suggestion! Can I ask how many people are in your group? I want to make sure I understand your use case as well as possible…most groups on Splitwise involve 3-5 people, so I think we figured that you’d usually be able to see everyone’s balance at a glance even without sorting.

8. Allow linkage to Chase Quickpay

Chase quickpay is a quick method of payment that is offered by Chase bank and something I use with a lot of people. Would be great to see it added to the payment options instead of just paypal and Venmo. Thanks! Loving Splitwise! Thanks for making life as a student easier between my friends and I - no more sending and forgetting Excel spreadsheets!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion and for your kind words about Splitwise.

We will considering adding Chase Quickpay integration if the idea gets popular amongst our user base, and if Chase begins providing a free API for Quickpay (that’s the tech thing we’d need to do the integration).

In the meanwhile, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

ZC

9. Three decimals for certain currencies

Please allow 3 decimal currencies to be stored (e.g. Omani Riyal, Kuwaiti Dinar, etc) in Splitwise.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we’ll need to make some technical changes on our backend before we can support 3-decimal currencies, but hopefully this is something we can work on in the future!

10. Suggest who should pick up the tab

When entering a new bill (particularly at a restaurant, but there are many scenarios), once all of the names have been entered into "With you and", figure out who owes the most money among the participants and suggest that person as the "Paid by".

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Rearrange Expenses in a given day / Add time to expense

Allow user to move items so that he can rearrange them in a chronological order for that day.
    For Ex. I might add the dinner expenditure first, and then the breakfast expenditure, but would want the breakfast to appear before the dinner in the reports and charts. Being able to re-arrange would help.
    If re-arranging is a difficult to achieve, then we can get the same done by asking user to enter time (optional) for the expenditure.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really like this idea, and can see why people would want it (including myself who needs to organize everything obsessively by time). We’ve talked about doing this and think it’s a good addition, but it will be a little bit before we can get it in there.

12. Add possibility for paypal.me link

The new service from paypal offers new possibilities to transfer money more easily to freinds and family with a link like https://www.paypal.me/username/25.43

It makes sense to include the possibility to settle up via this link or to generate the link as such for further sharing. (by adding the paypal.me-username to the splitwise-account)

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting. I haven’t seen this yet. It’s unlikely we’ll be able to support this as our control over how the PayPal code works is limited, but it’s definitely worth looking into.

Marshall

13. Option to track our monthly expenditure

At present, only the money owed is being tracked. It would be great if we could enter our personal expenditures too and also have the total expenditure number for each month.

Provide some comparison charts for each group, comparing the expenditure of current month with the previous etc.

Its highly probable that many of the users who use splitwise and similar sites to track the splitting, also use some other sites to track their own expenditures. So why not bring both together under one roof! :)

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently in the process of evaluating different types of expenses and relationships with those expenses. Tracking personal expenses is something we’ve discussed and want, we just need to figure out where it fits on the schedule.

14. Add SMS text notifications

Some people in my groups don't have smart phones and don't check email too often. A good solution to missed notifications would be to send a SMS text message to their phone number.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don’t think we’re likely to add SMS notifications in the near future, but I can see how they’d be useful for certain groups of people. I’ll mention this at our next planning meeting.

15. Add a payment gateway

Provide a way to pay the people to whom we owe.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Navneet! We support a few options in the US (PayPal and Venmo), and we just added an integration with Paytm for our Indian users. We’d love to add more. Hopefully in the future!

16. allow formatting of numbers

may be useful to have a setting whereby you can change the format of the numbers, e.g. decimals, show "1000" as "1,000" etc. thanks

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. Payment Repeat

I would to have an option to repeat a payment for a certain number of times.
    For instance, repeat $10 for 5 months.
    As of now, I am not able to restrict the number of installments to repeat

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea, thanks for the suggestion!

I’m leaving your idea as “under review” to see if others have the same request. Our repeating expenses system could definitely be improved in several ways, but to be honest, doing so isn’t on the medium term roadmap at the moment.

Best,
    Jon

18. Siri Integration

Wondering why no one suggested this? Ask siri to split bill in group or just say 'John' owes me ₹250.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We’d love to integrate with Siri! In the past we weren’t able to work with the integration, but we’ll look for any changes that may allow us to add this. Thanks for the suggestion!

19. Advance payment between friends

There are instances when there is an advance payment involved ( including yourself ) between friends and then expenses deduct the money.
    I am not able to add my own share ( advance payment ) in a group. Typically in this scenario its like X pays X ( which is not a valid scenario in other conditions )

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely see how this would be useful! Hopefully we can consider adding support for a “kitty fund” or the like sometime in the future.

For now, I’ve seen a few people simulate this by adding an additional member to their group called “Kitty fund”, and using that extra member to keep track of shared funds. For example, if everyone pays $100 to the kitty fund at the beginning of the month, then you can choose the kitty fund as the payer for new expenses like groceries or rent. Splitwise should accurately update to show how much money the kitty fund has left (e.g. “The kitty fund owes $50” = the kitty fund has $50 left). It’s definitely a bit of a hack, but it might be worth trying if you and your friends always split bills this way.

20. Add Date Range Search

I feel like it would be better to filter out the details based on the expense logged in dates. Like giving a date range selection and after I search, I would be able to see the results (either within a group or in all the group) particularly in the selected date range.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Just to be clear: you want to view your bills filtered by the day they were added, instead of by the date on the bill, correct? I’ll pass on that feedback.

For now, your best bet is probably to take a look at the “recent activity” screen, which shows all changes in your account in order of when they happened. I realize that’s not the best screen for looking through a large amount of data, though, so apologies for the trouble!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base