Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Need summary of shuffle by graph within group

Give proper steps or GRAPH on how the debt is shuffled across the members in a group.

If this feature is already , please let me know ....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Sort based on names

It will be helpful if we can sort the payments based on name so that we can sort the payments made by each person along with the one who is reporting.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Confirm cancel/escape of itemised bill adding

If we accidentally press Esc or if we happen to click outside the bill entering area, the and new bill popup disappears. We have to enter the whole bill allover again.

Ask for a confirmation from the user before cancelling the bill addition

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. adding a do by date and google calender integration

When creating a new bill, I suggest that you can add a do by date on the bill and also allow integration with your google calender or allow it to add it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re planning on bringing more integration to Splitwise in the near future (Including Google contacts). Bringing in the calendar is a pretty sweet idea that I could see being a huge help if you don’t want reminder emails.

6. Keep former group members in the transaction history

When a old group member is settled up and removed, his name becomes "[removed]" in the transaction history. It'd be useful to still have his name for record-keeping.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an export to feed option

So I can see the expenses/IOU made in my group using my feedreader. I moved from ioweyou.co.uk and they had this option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A couple thoughts on itemized bills

In some states, not everything is subject to sales tax (for instance, in my state of Massachusetts, groceries and clothing are not taxed). This can make itemized bills that include both taxed and non-taxed items impossible to enter in one bill. A potential fix for this would be to include a check box that appears when there is something entered in the tax percent field so that the user can choose items that are not taxed. I think it would make sense to have it be an opt out system, in which every item starts with a check box indicating…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan on tweaking itemized bills in the very near future. I think the quantity idea is a good one, along with the optional tax idea. We’ll keep these in mind when reworking the UI.

9. Shared Fund for house

Hey there

As a house we use a single account which we all pay regularly and equally into. From here all bills and house payments are covered. Like a kitty of sorts, we can use it for everything, and there is an excess for emergencies.
    It would be great to create an entity, like a Friend, but it is an account that we can keep track of the amount in it, but it doesnt recalculate what people are owed back from it automatically. Currently, if everyone pays say, £100 per month, and a bill comes out of it, if i…

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not currently planning to build this, but as some users have mentioned in the comments, one workaround is to create a dummy member of your group using an @example email address to represent your ‘kitty’ or shared fund.

10. Query

How to send a group email ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MULTIPLE FRIENDS ADD

I NEED A PAGE 4 MANAGING FRIENDS, ADD, DELETE ...MULTIPLE FRIENDS, WITH AT A GLANCE VIEW OF ALL THE FRIENDS

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Send Reminder to all people in a group

When we send a reminder, there should be an option available to send it to all members of the group, instead of sending it to individuals.

160 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Personal expenditure chart

I love the monthly expenditure pie chart idea. But currently I can only see the break-up of my expenses when I click on a friend, and it only shows me the break up of the expenses I have in common with that particular friend. It would be useful if I could view the monthly break-up of my expenses independent of the friends (maybe a link through my dashboard). It would be even more awesome If I could sort the table below the chart by the amount, to better understand where I am spending more.

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to track our monthly expenditure

At present, only the money owed is being tracked. It would be great if we could enter our personal expenditures too and also have the total expenditure number for each month.

Provide some comparison charts for each group, comparing the expenditure of current month with the previous etc.

Its highly probable that many of the users who use splitwise and similar sites to track the splitting, also use some other sites to track their own expenditures. So why not bring both together under one roof! :)

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently in the process of evaluating different types of expenses and relationships with those expenses. Tracking personal expenses is something we’ve discussed and want, we just need to figure out where it fits on the schedule.

15. Drag and Drop

Ability to drag and drop people from the friend list to the group. Drag a friend's name to a dedicated area to start creation of a shared bill/loan/debt. Also have the ability to drag and drop more friends to the bill being created

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea, we’re going to be taking a look how how to integrate our friendships and groups better next week. We’ve usually gone the pull down tab method, but I think the idea of dragging and dropping would be really neat too!

16. Expense/Payment list filters

Provide the option to select individual members, multiple members, specific expense types (grogeries, bills, payments, ect).

Also, alowing for collapse/expand of individual months in the list would be a nice feature to clean things up.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an idea that I think would be a great addition to the site. I’m not sure when we could fit it in our schedule, but it’s something I think would be a useful way to organize expenses.

17. make tip post tax

Currently the tip calculates the percentage of the bill pre-tax. Typically, you'll tip off of the total supplied on the receipt which is post-tax.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As a former waitress that hated getting my tip based on the pre-tax amount I think this is a great idea!

We’ll talk about how to possibly implement both options (pre and post tax) in our our next meeting.

18. Allow Facebook logins from the Android app

I've found that I can connect with Facebook on the website, but not through my Android phone. Consistency is king.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vinod,

We apologize for this, but we haven’t had time to include Facebook login on iPhone or Android yet. The reason why it’s been such a low priority is that Facebook login has not been especially popular users thus far and doesn’t add a lot of functionality.

We don’t have any plans to add facebook login on the phones soon, but you can work-around this issue by “resetting your password” on the website, and typing in the email address of the email associated with that facebook account.

I’m sorry we’re so quickly breaking support for a feature. My apologies, and let me know if you need any more assistance!

Jon

19. Add more settlement alternatives, e.g. if someone is away

Sometimes a group member is away, this makes settlement as suggested complicated.
    We need more settlement possibilities. Especially it would be great to see a recap of who owes what to whom, BEFORE aggregating the amounts.
    This would be a basic settlement option that one can use to quickly see who owes what to whom, without trying to make any offset between members. This way if one member defaults/leave without paying what it owes, it can be removed from the equation and the settlement view is still usable.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Having multiple ways to calculate who’s owes who what within a group is an interesting idea. I could see this being extra convenient for this reason -and many others. I’ll bring it up with the team and we’ll see where this can fit into our schedule.

20. Post a bill only once the posted date for the bill has arrived

When I enter a date for a bill, I want it such that the totals are updated only once the bill date has arrived. Like for example if my friend before posting the bill owed me $0. Now if I post a shared bill for say $50 and I have kept its date as 5 days in the future. I want the app to reflect that my friend owes me $25 5 days in the future, not immediately. Right now, the way the app works is that, it would have reflected that my friend owes me $ 25 right now.

368 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating this because it’s been a while! We still haven’t added this to our roadmap.
    As we mentioned we’ve found in testing that this behavior ends up confusing people, which is why we’ve chosen not to add it so far.

We’ll continue to leave this under review for further voting and comments.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base