Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. suggession

Hi, I have been using splitwise for a while and provided comments previously as well.

I have recommended this site to my friend in my apartment and we are all using it. Recently, we are around 8 family have gone for trip and while dividing our expenses, we thought it would be good if it was in this way. And listing our thoughts here..

1. there should be a way to create sub-group or instance under Group and have only people involved. We have a group "BIGELOW" which is our apartment name and a lot of people part of it. But…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

These are some great suggestions. I’ve heard a few people ask for the “sub group” recently, and it’s something I think would be helpful too. It’s something we’ll be discussing at our next company meeting. The dashboard is something we’re planning on having a big redo on in the future to show more information about your entire account.

2. sorting on the transaction table

I would like to suggest that more easier methods of viewing my transaction data would be useful.

For example: when I am looking at my friends page and there is a list of transaction indicating the money in three categories
    1 - "I owe" in Red
    2 - "I'm owed" in green
    3 - "payment reported" with no color.

I would be useful, if I could sort based on the above mentioned 3 categories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really like this idea, I think that sorting transactions by different ways would be really useful for quick tracking. I’ll bring it up at our next meeting and see if/where it fits on our schedule.

3. Weekly Reminders

a setting that would automatically send a reminder every week or so for bills

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Splitting unequally based on Shares - use drop downs

When splitting bills, with unequal shares, under the option to add shares - make it a drop down for quick addition of the number of shares. Also, remember the last used settings of entering a bill, so that next time it defaults to that same setting.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think the drop down UI would be a nice clean addition to the splitting expenses by shares option. I also agree with you on having it remember the previous expenses setting.

We may also use quick +/- buttons to change the number of shares.

5. In the subject line of "Bill added by ..." email, include the amount you owe.

It apparently gives my roommate a mini heart attack every time she sees "Bill ($$$$) added by Person".

Please consider altering the subject line to something like "Bill ($$$$) added by Person (you owe $$$)". Hell, maybe just leave the amounts out of the subject altogether, and leave all the details for the body of the message.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add friend of friends as your friends

It is possible that we may have common friends between multiple people who have not yet been added in our friend. It'll be easier to add a friend from our friend's friend list

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. have option to display debt to individuals instead of to group when viewing groups

I wanted to use groups but it fell apart because it didn't display the total debt for people. Since I imported all of my info from billmonk for this group, groups became totally worthless. Now it is troublesome to assign a debt to a group of people.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! we love feedback, I hope your Uservoice name is for another company:)

You can currently see the total debt of an individual (including the groups they are involved in) on their friendship tab. I could see that having that information in the group (or the ability to switch views within a group) would be neat. I’ll bring this up with my co workers at our next meeting and see if they think this is something we want to do.

8. temporary payments

Hi,

It would be nice to add temporary payments. Some insurance money we have to pay for 8 periodes. So it would be nice to give an end date for a payment.

sorry for my english, if you have any questions, let me know.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really like this idea, having an end date to a recurring payment after a couple of weeks. I think it will be something we do, because we’ve already got the recurring payments in place and adding an end date doesn’t seem too hard (of course I’m not an engineer so I may eat those words when I bring it up).

9. Advance payment between friends

There are instances when there is an advance payment involved ( including yourself ) between friends and then expenses deduct the money.
    I am not able to add my own share ( advance payment ) in a group. Typically in this scenario its like X pays X ( which is not a valid scenario in other conditions )

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely see how this would be useful! Hopefully we can consider adding support for a “kitty fund” or the like sometime in the future.

For now, I’ve seen a few people simulate this by adding an additional member to their group called “Kitty fund”, and using that extra member to keep track of shared funds. For example, if everyone pays $100 to the kitty fund at the beginning of the month, then you can choose the kitty fund as the payer for new expenses like groceries or rent. Splitwise should accurately update to show how much money the kitty fund has left (e.g. “The kitty fund owes $50” = the kitty fund has $50 left). It’s definitely a bit of a hack, but it might be worth trying if you and your friends always split bills this way.

10. Email summary for the expenses

If we can have the email summary for the expenses for all / some participants then it would be great.

Please look in the email summary of Share-a-bill app for iphone for an example.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making some more email reminder choices for groups in the near future. I can understand why in bigger groups going through each person and sending them a single email instead of the whole group could be frustrating.

11. 30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display Running Balances

It would be lovely to see the running balances with each transaction. Basically add a column at the right that says "Bob owes me" and the balance at that time, switch it over to "I owe Bob" if one of his transactions puts me in debt. The last transaction should align with the current balance displayed at the top.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This seems like a useful feature that would make life easier. We’ve talked about having the infinity scroll when it comes the past expenses of the groups. Currently it’s not scheduled, but it’s on our list of things to do down the road.

14. Ability to auto charge interest on a periodical basis

Add the ability to charge interest on the balance of a group on a recurring basis. Even simple interest instead of compounding interest would be OK.

227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of September 2016, we don’t currently have any plans to add features for charging interest. We can definitely see how it’d be useful in some circumstances, especially for large debts, but right now we think it would add too much complexity and require us to redesign some significant parts of our user experience.

15. change the "you owe" block for an entered bill in a group once the bill has been settled.

Currently am in in a group that had a bill that has now been settled by all individuals. The group screen still shows (and draws my attention to) the "you owe" some amount with the amount showing in red. After settling my portion of the bill I would prefer one of these ideas for a change here:
    - change the colour of the dollar value to a less attention grabbing one;
    - a strike-through on the amount as it has been paid;
    - a small indication of the bill being settled/paid
    - change to the text to read "previously owed",…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We probably won’t handle this issue the way you describe (though we review this regularly to see if we can). We have added some changes that hide expenses whenever an account hits a $0 point overall. If everyone in your group is settle up at a given time, the web interface will hide expenses older than that. We will probably bring this to our other platforms as well.

Marshall

16. Rearrange Expenses in a given day / Add time to expense

Allow user to move items so that he can rearrange them in a chronological order for that day.
    For Ex. I might add the dinner expenditure first, and then the breakfast expenditure, but would want the breakfast to appear before the dinner in the reports and charts. Being able to re-arrange would help.
    If re-arranging is a difficult to achieve, then we can get the same done by asking user to enter time (optional) for the expenditure.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really like this idea, and can see why people would want it (including myself who needs to organize everything obsessively by time). We’ve talked about doing this and think it’s a good addition, but it will be a little bit before we can get it in there.

17. "equal share" option can exclude old house mates without removing them from group

I live in a co-op house with 6 housemates and 10 older house mates. Some still visit but most are no longer living with us. The number of older housemates keeps growing over time, and sometimes we add friends to splitwise to balance all sorts of expenses.

When I add an expense and select "share equally" I want it to charge only the active housemates. What happens is that it selects ALL the people in the group, and I need to manually uncheck them off until I have the group I desire. It would help if I could define a…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I like the idea of the “sub-group” and see how it could be useful when it comes to bigger groups like that. I’ll bring this up at our next meeting and see if it’s something we can put on the schedule.

18. let the user add values using a comma (,) as a separator.

We'd be happy if you considered to add to possibility to add values separated by a comma instead of a period as used in most of Europe as well as in South America and other Regions as shown in the map here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

270 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be how both the iPhone and Android app work at this point (please let us know if this is broken for you on either of those). We still have not fixed this issue on the website, though it is something we plan to do.

Marshall

19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Right now the person who owns the account has the ability to change what their screen name is. I can see how giving people the ability to set the persons name on their end would be useful.

20. please triple the photo dimensions

What is the point of taking a photo of the receipt if the text is too small to read on the end result? This is a problem right now as the photo is way to small when clicking on the thumbnail to display the original.

If this has been scaled down on the mobile phone to save network traffic when uploading, then please add a admin option to let the user upload large-scaled(high-traffix) images. Otherwise there is no real value in this function.

If the images has not been scaled down on the mobile phone, and you have a larger…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are some annoying technical limitations to our photo size. At some point we’ll fix this, but it’s not simple enough to put together easily at the moment.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base