Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. currency rate

Currently currency exchange rate is provided automatically and one cannot change it. Typically one cannot buy other currency at official rate as the agent selling the currency also have some margin so we never buy money with the rate splitwise suggests. My idea is to make possible to specify custom exchange rate

203 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. connect to Google Wallet as well as PayPal

Google Wallet has started supporting money transfers. Helpfully, the money goes into the wallet balance, which can then be spent directly or moved to a bank account.
    Anyway, supporting Google Wallet might not be possible: I'm not sure that their Payments API supports payments between individuals or if the merchant, i.e. you, would have to serve as an intermediary. But give it a shot please.

182 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of late 2015, Google Wallet does not currently have a public API for person-to-person payments, so unfortunately there’s not a way for us to integrate with them directly. If Google adds that ability at some point in the future, then we’d love to consider this!

3. Share the balance via Whatsapp

It would be great if I can send a message to Whatsapp (telegram, etc..) with the balance of any group.
    Something the not all the group is checking the application or they even don't want to download it, so you need to use other channels to share the balance.

172 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do allow you to send reminders via email in the app and on the website you can grab a printable group summary from the group expense list month headers. I’m not sure if we’ll ever support whatsapp directly, but we’ll consider it if this gets a lot of votes.

Marshall

4. Allow manual archiving of group

Manual archiving of group should be allowed. If the trip is over and everyone is settled, I'd want to get rid of the group still keeping the record in archives.

168 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I think this is a great idea! It’s not on the roadmap yet due to lots of other priorities voted higher, but one we’ve discussed and agreed totally makes sense. Thanks for submitting.

- Jon

5. Revolut integration

Hi,

Integration with Revolut as payment option would be helpful, so I think you should definitely consider that.
    Anyone agree? Vote up :)

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Let users indicate when they have entered all expenses for a group

The way that my friends and I have been using Splitwise for the past year and a half is, for any group trip we take, we create a separate Splitwise group for that trip. It's a great workflow and Splitwise has been invaluable to us, but one tweak would make it even better:

We use "simplify debts" to cut down on transactions, and to make that work best, it's best for everyone to wait for every expense from the trip to be added before settling up. The way we've been handling it has just been to have everyone add their…

164 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I totally understand this use case – “don’t settle up until I add everything” is something I’ve heard friends of mine say anecdotally. I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements for future versions :)

7. 154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow negative adjustments in Split by Adjustment

Allow split by adjustment to not only add but subtract amounts. For instance, removing someone from a $5 purchase of eggs on an otherwise equal grocery bill if they are vegan.

154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recurring expenses with varying costs

Allow users to add recurring expenses that will vary in cost month to month and prompt the user for that months cost.

153 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating this as it’s been a while. You can currently accomplish this by setting your expense to recur every month and then editing the amount on the expense once it posts.

Apologies that we don’t have a better way of managing this yet!

10. When editing an unequal split, load the entered # of shares or %

The main problem we've been encountering is that the editing of expenses is a bit annoying. We usually split the costs unequally and in parts (when someone brings over a friend or when a plate is eaten during several meals), but when we want to edit the number of parts (to add someone who ate later or simply to correct a mistake), only the amount to be paid by each person is remembered by the website and the number of parts everyone had seems to be forgotten by the app, although that was the input that it became at the…

133 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating our response since it’s been a long time since the idea was opened. Even though saving the type of unequal split feels like something that would obviously be nice to have (I certainly would use it myself every so often), it requires a change to our data structures, and is therefore a bunch of difficult work to fix, especially since it would need to be fixed separately across iPhone, Android, and web.

If you have a specific use case where not having this feature is really bothering you a lot, please email support@splitwise.com, or comment below to let us know why it’s important to you. The original poster’s meal example is clear and I’m wondering if there are other reasons why it is needed, or any easier way for us to fix it.

In terms of the priorities of our small team, most bills on Splitwise are split…

11. allow expense to be tracked to a given budget

i.e. if our household (group) budget is 100 USD a month, split wise shows us how much we have spent of that to date - how much has been spent as allocated to the grocery expense category vs what was defined as the budget. Would be great if we could set budgets for each expense category.

Would make a great tool even better at helping us control spend! Seeing a visual budget is much more motivating ;)

133 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Budgets definitely make a lot of sense. They’re not a feature on our roadmap yet (we’re a tiny team, and still focused on other improvements), but hopefully they’re something we can work on in the future.

12. Make Payment/Bill Due Date Sub Totals (Due now, Due next week, Upcoming bills etc.)

Make it possible to add bills and set the due date for payments, then display a sub total of overdue payments.

Currently overdue bills are grouped into the total for bills that will be paid in the future. It would be great if the bill owner could set a due date for the bills, so the payees could then see a sub total of overdue bills, bills coming up, and total bills owed. This could be achieved with a filter on the web app, and integrated into the phone apps later.

Reminders could then also be automated, and much more…

133 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an unpaid bill

Why can't I add an unpaid bill. I don't care about integrating with my service because I doubt you'll be able to gather bills from the utility company in bfe with no web login. I should be able to add a bill that no one paid, or add a bill that I just recieved that no one has paid. then the first person to pay it can change that.

132 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have any plans to add the ability to add bills that have not yet been paid for, because we think it could cause confusion. I’m going to leave this under review for further voting and comments.

14. Add itemized split method to iOS app?

I love using itemized splits on the website, but can't seem to find this feature in the iOS app. Any plans to bring it to iOS?

Thanks!

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Updating this since it’s been a while. We’re still leaving this as a possible future improvement. This is not a very popular feature on our website. Figuring out the design for mobile apps continues to be a challenge. Sorry for the inconvenience!

15. Personal expenditure chart

I love the monthly expenditure pie chart idea. But currently I can only see the break-up of my expenses when I click on a friend, and it only shows me the break up of the expenses I have in common with that particular friend. It would be useful if I could view the monthly break-up of my expenses independent of the friends (maybe a link through my dashboard). It would be even more awesome If I could sort the table below the chart by the amount, to better understand where I am spending more.

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Siri Shortcuts integration

It looks like integration with Siri was mentioned before Siri Shortcuts was introduced in iOS 12, but I'd like to bring it up again and mention a few use cases (some complex, some more simple) that I'd personally find useful:

1. For Splitwise Plates, add the ability to open the app, finish a bill/table, and then "share" the output as a dictionary/map/hash to shortcuts. Presumably you could then pass the output over to Splitwise itself, or just loop through them and request on Venmo/Paypal/etc.

This one might require a little more thought, since at present "naming" plates or associating them with…

115 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. Unequal Bill Dividing Calculation

One of my most common tasks with Splitwise is dividing a bill unequally with one other person. It would be very handy if entering the amount for one person would automatically calculate the remaining amount owed for the other individual.

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto-detect category by querying previous expenses

For example, imagine I go to a restaurant called "Alice and Bob".
    1st time I add an expense, I type "Alice and Bob" in the Description and select "Dining out" as category.
    2nd time, I type "Alice and Bob" the app may select "Dining out" by itself.

Splitwise is still awesome without this feature, but it would definitely be something nice to have!

104 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Yep, this definitely makes sense – right now, we auto-detect certain words like “dinner”, but we don’t do any intelligent matching based on your past expenses. I’m not sure how technically involved this would be, but I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future :)

19. provide option to disable venmo and/or paypal

I don't have venmo, and paypal repayments are a pain. If I could disable both so that my friends don't attempt to repay me with them, it would be very nice. Obviously this is an option that I set on my account that affects what other people see when they go to 'settle up'.

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – very sorry for the trouble! We would love to add a “this is how I like to be repaid” feature that would let you specify your favorite payment services and the IDs you use on each platform. Can’t say exactly when this will get implemented (we’re a really tiny team) but it’s on the radar. Thanks for your patience.

20. Ifttt integration for automated expense management

Using split wise in ifttt recipes like outputting to a google spreadsheet for example.

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base